Your business name
Wedding Policy Guide
Bay Point Church
208 Palm Ave.
Nokomis, Fl. 34275
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM- 4:30PM
We are very excited for you as you plan your wedding.
We will be praying for you at this important time in your lives together.
Our desire is to assist you in making your wedding beautiful and meaningful experience.
Your choice of a church wedding indicates your belief that marriage is a sacred covenant, reflecting Christ’s covenant with the church. It is a happy occasion, and at Bay Point we celebrate each wedding as an act of Christian worship.
Staff Members Responsible For Weddings:
Lead Pastor: Rev. Dr. John R. Guerre [email protected]
Office Manager: Marlene Claspell [email protected]
Wedding Custodian: Dan Heim [email protected]
Sound Technician: Dave Harvey [email protected]
Beginning Your Wedding Planning
*Reserve your wedding date
You may reserve your wedding date by submitting the Request for Ceremony form.
Please confirm the date within seven days by returning the Wedding Information form with a $150. deposit made payable to Bay Point Church.
Please include the names of the Bride and Groom along with the wedding date in the check’s memo. Shortly after your wedding, $100. will be refunded and $50. will be applied to the cost of the wedding.
Weddings may be scheduled at any time EXCEPT for the following:
Sundays, Easter weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, or any day after 7:30PM.
*Meeting with the Pastor
* The Lead Pastor at Bay Point will perform all weddings at the church, unless a guest Pastor is requested.
Any guest Pastor will need to contact our Pastor, and must be approved and invited by him on behalf of the church.
After confirming your wedding date, please contact the church office (941)488-4137 to set up an appointment for both the bride and Groom to meet with the Pastor.
*Meeting with the church organist or pianist or special music
If you need assistance with music, please contact the church office.
Your marriage license must be given to the Pastor at the wedding rehearsal.
It will be signed after the wedding ceremony by two witnesses – usually the Best Man and Maid/Matron of Honor.
Continuing Your Wedding Day Planning
Building and Grounds
1. The sanctuary seats approximately 500 people as currently configured.
2. Respect the facilities of Bay Point Church by not running in the church or sitting on the altar railings.
3. Children are to be supervised at all times.
4. The wedding party may dress at the church. Dressing rooms are available with the Bride and the Bridesmaids in the Connection Room and the Groom and Groomsmen in the Gathering Room.
5. Rice, confetti, flower petals (real or artificial) and balloons may not be used inside or outside the church buildings and/or on the church grounds. Runners may not be used. The use of bird seed and bubbles is allowed outside the church building. The use of artificial flower petals for the flower girl is permitted inside the church.
All sound needs to be handled through the church’s sound technician, who must be obtained at the published fee on the Fee Schedule. Our in-house sound tech is required for all weddings due to the delicate nature of the equipment.
Pre-ceremony pictures of the wedding participants must be completed no later than 45 minutes prior to the time of the ceremony.
Pictures may be taken at the beginning of the ceremony as the Bride begins the processional, and at the end of the service as the Bride and Groom begin their recessional. To preserve the sacredness of the wedding service, no flash photography of any kind may be taken during the wedding ceremony. Pictures taken during the ceremony must be done from locations in which the photographer is not seen by the guests or the wedding party. It is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom to inform their guests of this policy, as well as to give the photographer a copy of the Guidelines for Wedding Photography and Video.
Pictures following the ceremony must be completed within one hour following the recessional.
A video recorder may be set on a tripod in front of the sanctuary in the loft area, using available light. No additional lighting for video equipment will be permitted during the service.
Set-up is to be completed no later than one hour prior to the time of the wedding.
The tape is to be turned on before the wedding and turned off at the close of the wedding.
The operator will not be permitted to remain in the front during the service. An additional video camera may be set up in the rear of the sanctuary and/or balcony, and may be manned throughout the ceremony. It is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom to inform their guests of this policy and to give the videographer a copy of the Guideline for Wedding Photography and Video.
Please keep in mind that the wedding ceremony is a sacred worship service.
Simple decorations that will enhance the beauty of the sanctuary are all that is needed.
1. Only “dripless” candles may be used and must be placed in candelabras that will catch and contain any/all drippings. Usually, candelabras rented from florists or wedding suppliers come with the porcelain candle shells and wax candle inserts to avoid wax being sprayed or dripped.
2. Furnishings may not be added, moved or removed from the Chancel.
3. If you would like a Unity candle for the ceremony, it is the responsibility of the Bride and
Groom to furnish one.
4. The use of nails, tacks, any kind of tape, or any other item that might deface church property is prohibited.
5. Decorations placed by the church in celebration of significant religious seasons, such as Christmas and Easter, may not be removed, obscured or altered.
6. Rental decorations may be delivered prior to the ceremony. It is the couple’s responsibility to notify the church office of the delivery time.
7. All rentals, decorations and personal furnishings are to be removed immediately after the photographer has finished taking pictures following the ceremony.
It is the couple’s responsibility to notify the church office of the delivery time for all floral arrangements prior to the wedding.
Expectations for Personal Conduct
1. It is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom to remind all participants in the wedding that the sanctuary is a holy place dedicated to the Christian worship of God. Your cooperation in conveying this message is greatly appreciated.
2. Intoxicants of any kind are strictly prohibited in/on church property. No wedding rehearsal will be conducted if any participant in the wedding is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. The Pastor will request anyone under the influence of intoxicants to leave the premises.
3. No smoking is not permitted in any part of the building or on church grounds.
4. Children must be supervised at all times.
Your Wedding Rehearsal
Wedding rehearsals are scheduled for 5:00-6:00PM the evening before the wedding. All members of the wedding party, including parents, grandparents and honored guests are expected to attend. As a courtesy to all involved, please encourage everyone to arrive by 4:45PM so that the rehearsal may begin promptly. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Your Wedding Day
On your wedding day, the Bride and Bridesmaids may use the Connection Room as their dressing area. The Groom and Groomsman may use the Gathering Room. The rooms are equipped with multiple electric outlets, mirrors and adequate lighting. Both areas have convenient access to restrooms. These rooms will be open for your use prior to the ceremony, and you will discuss the entire time needed with the church office prior.
The church will remain available for your use for one hour following the ceremony to take pictures, gather personal items and remove any special decorations or flowers. If you are married on a Saturday, you may opt to leave your flowers on the altar for Sunday worship service. Please indicate your wish to do so on the Wedding Information form.
Guidelines for Wedding Photography and Video
(This page is to be given to both the photographer and the videographer.
They may contact the church office with any specific questions they might have.)
1. Pre-ceremony photography /video of the wedding participants must be completed by no later than 45 minutes prior to the time of the ceremony.
2. Pictures may be taken at the start of the ceremony as the Bride begins the processional and at the end of the ceremony as the Bride and Groom begin their recessional.
3. To preserver the sacredness of the ceremony, no flash pictures of any kind may be taken during the wedding service.
4. A video recorder may be set on a tripod in front of the sanctuary in the loft area, using available light. No additional lighting for video equipment will be permitted during the service. Set-up is to be completed no later than one hour prior to the time of the wedding. The tape is to be turned on before the wedding and turned off at the close of the wedding. The operator will not be permitted to remain in the front during the service. An additional video camera may be set up in the rear of the Sanctuary and/or balcony, and may be manned throughout the ceremony.
5. Pictures must be completed within one hour following the ceremony.
Your adherence to the guidelines for photography and video during the ceremony is expected and greatly appreciated.
Request for Wedding Ceremony Form
Please return to the church office :
Bay Point Church, 208 Palm Ave., Nokomis, Fl. 34275
After reviewing the Wedding Policy Guide for Bay Point Church, we request a wedding ceremony
on (Day, Month, Year) ____________________________________
at (Time / AM or PM) _____________________________________
with a rehearsal * on (Day, Month Year) _______________________
Bride signature________________________ Date________________
Groom signature_______________________ Date________________
*Wedding rehearsals at Bay Point church are customarily held from 5PM until 6PM the evening prior to the ceremony.
Wedding Information Form
Bride’s Full Name _________________________________ Age______
Address ____________________________________ Phone ___________
Bay Point Church member? Yes___ / No___
Groom’s Full Name _________________________________ Age______
Address ____________________________________ Phone ___________
Bay Point Church member? Yes___ No___
Rehearsal date ___________________ Time ______________
Wedding date _____________________ Time ______________
Maid/Matron of Honor__________________________________
Best Man __________________________________
# Bridesmaids ___
# Groomsmen ___
Ring Bearer Yes__ / No__
Flower Girl Yes __ / No__
Who will present the Bride in marriage? _______________________
Florist ______________________________Flower delivery time_________________
Photographer ________________________ Phone ____________________
Videographer _________________________ Phone ____________________
Wedding Coordinator _____________________ Phone ____________________
Reception site _____________________________________________________
Please return this form along with a $150. deposit check payable to Bay Point Church. Include your wedding date and the names of the Bride and Groom in the check’s memo. Shortly after your wedding, $100. will be refunded to you and $50. will apply to the cost of the wedding.
We have read and agree to abide by the terms of the wedding guidelines and policies of Bay Point church.
Bride signature ______________________________ Date _____________
Groom signature _____________________________ Date ____________
*Please note: The use of the Sanctuary and/or Chapel fees will only be waived for active church members as defined on the Fee Schedule page, unless otherwise informed by the Senior Pastor.
Guest Officiating Minister’s Form
Minister’s name _________________________________________
City ____________________ State _________ Zip ______________
Ordained Minister (yes) ___ / (no)___
Licensed Minister (yes) ___ / (no)___
Denomination of Ordination ________________________________
Church where minister attends or Pastors ______________________
Church address ____________________________________________
City ____________________ State ________ Zip ________________
How long have you been ministering here? ______________________
Bay Point Church Minister approval:
( Signature of Bay Point Church Minister)
Wedding Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement
User shall hold harmless, defend and indemnify Bay Point Church and their employees, officers, directors, volunteers and agents from and against any and all liability, loss, damage, expense, costs (including without limitation costs, attorney’s fees and fees of litigation) of every nature arising out of, or in connection with, or relating to User’s use of the Facility or its failure to comply with any of its obligations contained in this Agreement.
I have read the above Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement. I understand it fully and I execute it voluntarily.
Rehearsal Date __________________________________
Wedding Date ___________________________________
Participant Signature Date Signed
Active Church Members Non-Church Members
Sanctuary No Fee $300.
Chapel No Fee $150.
Family Life Center $125. $125.
Pastor $250. $500.
Wedding Coordinator $75. $75.
Sound Technician $75. $75.
Custodian $75. $75.
• A 150. Deposit check made payable to Bay Point Church is required at the time the wedding is booked to guarantee the date is reserved for you. Shortly after your wedding, $100. Will be refunded to you in a timely manner, and $50. Will apply to the cost of the wedding.
• The balance of fees is due two weeks prior to the wedding. All check s for fees should be payable to Bay Point Church.
• Vocalist and instrumentalist’s fees are separately negotiated and paid.
*Please bring your marriage license to the wedding rehearsal.